Join us as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Beamish Transport System.
Hop aboard a whole host of historic buses and trams for a trip through time. We will be joined by around 20 visiting buses alongside our resident fleet!
Make sure to collect your souvenir ticket and get it clipped by a conductor as you spot each bus and tram in the current Beamish fleet around the museum and in the depot.
On Sunday, 7th May and Monday, 8th May, visit the model tram and bus exhibition in the 1950s welfare hall!
Up to 4 of the Beamish tram fleet will be operating each day, including Sunderland 16, Blackpool 31, South Shields 196 and Newcastle 114. Sheffield 264 will be on display due to maintenance work required.
Our home fleet of buses will be in service and on display alongside a fantastic selection of visiting buses, including;
Beamish home fleet buses
- Darlington 4
- Rotherham 220
- Crosville 716
- Venture J2007
- Northern DCC 297
- Newcastle Corporation 1379
- Northern SOS 338 (static display)
- Sunderland Corporation 2 (static display)
- Sunderland Corporation 13
- Darlington 7
- Wright Brothers Coaches, Crossley SD42
- Doncaster 22
- Cumbria Classic Coaches, Preston Corporation, Leyland Tiger “Rosie”
- Cumbria Classic Coaches, Alexanders Bluebird, Leyland Tiger “Alex”
- Crosville DLB 978, Bristol Lodekka “Harvey”
- Parisan Service Bus, 1934 Renault TN6A
- 1947 Leyland Tiger Plaxton
- Burlingham of Blackpool, 1947 Albion vintage coach
- Middlesbrough Corporation 99, 1958 Dennis Loline MK1
- 1957 Leyland-MCW Olympian from the British Commercial Vehicle Museum (static display)
- 1959 AEC Regent Double Decker in Black & Cream Livery of Lockeys
- 1963 London Routemaster
- 1950 Albion Valiant (static display)
- 1920s Albion Bus (static display)
- Northern General Transport Company Number 2099 AEC Routemaster from 1963
- 1966 open-top MCW-bodied Leyland Atlantean, Silver Jubilee livery
- London Routemaster
- Northern General Transport Leyland National (static display)
- Go North East’s Versa Beamish bus (static display)
Plus, we’ll be hosting 1950s-style Coronation celebrations!
Beamish reserves the right to alter or change this programme at any point.