www.beamish.org.uk is provided by Beamish Museum Limited and its suppliers (“we”/”our”/”us”). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The purchase of goods from us is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Purchase, this includes terms and conditions for museum admission tickets.
Availability and use of www.beamish.org.uk
We will endeavour to ensure that www.beamish.org.uk is available 24 hours per day without any interruptions. However, due to the nature of the internet this may not always be technically possible and no guarantees are given as to the quality or reliability of access to the website.
We reserve the right to make www.beamish.org.uk unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of www.beamish.org.uk without notice in order to maintain, repair or update the website or if it is necessary for legal reasons. www.beamish.org.uk is a general information service.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Beamish Museum is committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up-to-date accurate information. However, neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Beamish Museum shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of the website, including reliance on information contained on the website. Although we take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information provided to it from third parties is accurate and not defamatory or offensive it cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers or linked pages.
www.beamish.org.uk has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with the same. Beamish Museum takes no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these sites.
www.beamish.org.uk belongs to Beamish Museum, its style and structure, and the materials and information on it are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and may not be used by you except as expressly provided in this User Agreement. None of the data or content found on the website may be reproduced, published, distributed, posted or transferred modified or linked to another website without the express written permission of Beamish Museum Limited. Any trade mark, logo, crest or other identifiable emblem of Beamish Museum shall remain our property at all times.
It is your responsibility to ensure that that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and other contact details and tell us of any changes to them. We comply with all applicable Data Protection laws in the UK. Beamish Museum takes your privacy seriously. We collect personal information (such as your name, contact details, credit card information) that you supply to us. Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us, make a booking with us, purchase tickets from us, register to use additional services offered by us or make a donation to us. We will update your information whenever we get the opportunity to keep it current, accurate and complete.
No credit card numbers are stored by our servers and all card processing takes place through a secure server operated by our Payment Service Provider and to which we do not have direct access. No data transmission and storage over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
You may indicate your preference for receiving direct marketing by post or e-mail from us. You will be given the opportunity on every communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Parts of www.beamish.org.uk and our billing process are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of the billing process.
Personal data collected is evaluated periodically to determine whether it is current and still needs to be held. Subject to any legal retention requirements, you may notify us if you do not wish your data to be held. We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish.
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of purchase
Classes of Ticket Holders
For the purpose of ticket sales the following definitions apply:
- An Adult is a person aged from 17 years to 59 years (inclusive).
- A Child is a person aged from 5 years to 16 years (inclusive). Children will not be admitted without an adult.
- A Senior is a person aged 60 years or over.
- A Student is an Adult who holds any type of valid photographic identity card showing they are a student in full time education.
When your purchase has been confirmed your reference is the e-mail sent to the e-mail address you specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
If the delivered e-mail does not match your order, please contact us at email@example.com
Beamish Museum will not mail out any tickets purchased online.
Ticket and Beamish Unlimited Pass Purchase and Validity
A Beamish Unlimited Pass bought online is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Unless otherwise stated, no tickets will be sent out in the post. Beamish Unlimited Passes can be collected from the museum Entrance on the day of first visit. For Evening Events, an e-ticket is sent to the email address specified.
Tickets for evening events are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative date or event, or replaced in the event of loss.
At times we do offer tickets at special rates. Tickets purchased at these rates are only valid on specific dates. We are happy to upgrade your ticket to a Beamish Unlimited Pass, however you will be required to pay the difference.
Please visit the website for opening times and prices.
No ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of Beamish Museum. If any person attempts to enter Beamish with a ticket that has been resold without Beamish Museum’s written consent, Beamish Museum may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by Beamish Museum.
Beamish Museum will not mail out any tickets purchased online, unless otherwise stated. When your purchase has been confirmed your reference is the dispatched e-mail sent to the e-mail address you specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
If the delivered e-mail does not match your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets for evening events are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative date or event.
Beamish Unlimited Pass Terms and Conditions
Pass holders can gain free entry to Beamish during normal daytime opening hours (last admission 3pm) for 12 months from the date of purchase. There are a small number of days and events when the Beamish Unlimited Pass is not valid, including special evening events such as Halloween. Admission information will be included in the event details, however please telephone the museum or visit our website for details if you are unsure.
Your Pass will act as proof of purchase of a Beamish Unlimited Pass and must be produced on arrival to gain admission. If you arrive at the museum without the Pass, you will be asked to pay the normal admission price and this will not be refunded.
On collection of your Unlimited Pass you will be required to sign the Pass in front of a member of Beamish Staff. Beamish Unlimited Passes are not transferable to any other person and passes must only be used by the named Beamish Unlimited Pass holder. Staff will always verify the identity of the pass holder(s) prior to admission.
Beamish is unable to check for lost or forgotten Passes on the day of a visit. If you lose your Pass, please contact us beforehand by calling 0191 370 4000. We are unable to issue a replacement Pass without notice of at least 5 days.
Children under 17 years of age must always be accompanied by an adult. If a child pass holder is included on a Family Pass, proof of both membership and the identity of the child must be produced to obtain free admission.
The Pass may not be used for group/educational visits or in conjunction with any other concessions, discounts, or for commercial/business use.
The museum reserves the right to refuse admission.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit GC re: Beamish Museum will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Beamish Museum to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Beamish Museum or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Beamish Museum asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Beamish Facebook Page Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Beamish Museum (company no. 5751540) whose registered office is at Beamish Museum, Regional Resource Centre, Beamish, County Durham, DH9 0RG.
- The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 16 years or over, except Beamish Museum employees and volunteers and their family members or anyone else connected in any way with organising or judging the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.facebook.com/BeamishLivingMuseum
- Closing date for entry will be stated on the competition question when posted. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all (correct if it the competition is a general knowledge question) entries received and verified by Beamish Museum.
- The winner will be notified on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/will be posted to them.
- Beamish Museum’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.