Trot along and visit our Horses in Harness at Beamish Museum on Saturday, 11th and Sunday, 12th June 2022.
We’ll be recreating the sights and sounds of a bustling 1900s street scene which will include a variety of working horses, you can meet visiting horses as well as some of our own throughout the museum, including in The 1900s Pit Village and 1820s Pockerley.
- Approximately 20 horses in harness around the museum.
- A military encampment in The 1900s Pit Village with The Queen’s Bay 2nd Dragoon Guards Living History Group and a First World War Farriery demonstration.
- Meet Marley the pit pony who will be demonstrating in and around The 1900s Pit Village pony stables and Colliery yard.
- See horse logging demonstrations taking place in Birch Wood.
- Harness making demonstrations in the stable yard in The 1900s Town.
- Enjoy donkey rides on the events field on Sunday (children only).
- Visit a travelling musician encampment at 1820s Pockerley Old Hall (Sunday only).
As with all daytime events, you can use your Unlimited Pass or Friends of Beamish membership to enjoy this special event.
No booking is required from 1pm onwards. Visitors will still need to pre-book for 10am, 11am and 12pm timeslots to help us manage the flow of visitors through our Entrance building during our busiest times, but if you are visiting from 1pm onwards, you can just turn up and won’t need to pre-book (last admission is one hour before closing time).
For more information keep checking back here or follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Beamish reserves the right to alter or change this programme at any point.