Enjoy a Georgian Gathering on Saturday, 15th & Sunday, 16th July as Pockerley Old Hall, the Waggonway and St Helen’s Church come alive with Georgian entertainment and a whole host of traditional crafts and activities.
- Find out about life in the army in Georgian times with The Old 68th Durham Light Infantry Society and Display Team and The 16th Light Dragoons. Watch a firing display by The Old 68th DLI at 1pm.
- Watch a range of traditional skills including pottery, wood crafts, blacksmithing, basket making and cleft oak fencing.
- See traditional crafts including clog making, spinning and corn dolly making.
- Visit St Helen’s Church to find out more about the Remaking Beamish project and the stories we will be telling across the Georgian landscape in the upcoming exhibits which include a Georgian pottery, blacksmith’s and Drovers’ Tavern.
- Enjoy traditional musical entertainment from the Ran Tanners, Hautbois and a Northumbrian piper.
- The Squire of Pockerley will be hiring his staff for the coming months at 11.15am, 12.15pm, 1.15pm, 2.15pm and 3.15pm – will you get given a job?
- Discover the perils of Georgian medicine, will you take your chances with the Quack Doctor?
- Get into the true Georgian spirit and try on a Georgian costume – don’t forget to take a photo to remember your trip back in time!
- See brewing demonstrations and enjoy a drink from the Georgian gin bar – have you tried Beamish’s very own gin? It’s inspired by the plants and herbs growing in the gardens at 1820s Pockerley Old Hall. Over 18s only. Please drink responsibly. Please note, we will be unable to take payments by card at the gin bar, cash only.
As with all daytime events, you can use your Unlimited Pass or Friends of Beamish membership to enjoy this special event.
For more information keep checking back here or follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Beamish reserves the right to alter or change this programme at any point.