* ALL EVENINGS NOW SOLD OUT *
Be part of the magic of traditional festive celebrations at Beamish Christmas Evenings on 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th December 2023, 5pm-9.30pm.
Travel back into an enchanting Christmas past, as you join in celebrations from Georgian times up to the 1950s exhibits.
Enjoy merry music, delightful decorations and delicious festive treats as you make Christmas memories with your loved ones.
Discover the delights of the Edwardian Town street, explore traditionally decorated homes and shops, be entertained by musicians playing festive tunes, enjoy Christmas crafts, take a whimsical wander through Elf Wood, and don’t forget to browse the stalls for those perfect presents.
Plus, be sure to visit Father Christmas in his cosy Grotto at Rowley Station Goods Yard (extra charge applies, pre-booking essential, subject to availability).
This is a separate ticketed evening event – Beamish Unlimited Passes and Friends of Beamish memberships are not valid for evening events.
Christmas daytimes at Beamish will take place from 25th November to 24th December 2023 – find out more here.
Christmas Evening ticket prices
- Adult £19
- Child (2-16 years) £12.50
- Grotto (0-16 years) £8
• Mrs Claus will be on hand to welcome visitors to the museum, along with the marvellous magician.
• Listen out for traditional tunes being played at the Entrance Tram stop.
• Enjoy musical entertainment in Ravensworth Terrace – In No. 2 listen to festive piano music, and in No. 3 enjoy traditional Victorian carol singing. In No. 4 hear musical trio “Amici Musicali.”
• At the tram stop – Hurdy Gurdy performances.
• Masonic Hall – Music Hall performances at 5.30pm, 6.30pm, 7.30pm, & 8.15pm.
• Town Park bandstand – Musical performances 5.30pm-7.30pm & 7.30pm-9.30pm.
• Town street outside Co-op – Ran Tanners performing.
• Town garage – North East Brass Ensemble performing.
• Town street Christmas tree – Carol singing 5.30-6.15pm, 6.45-7pm and 8.30pm-9.15pm.
• Town stables – Victorian carol singing, 7pm-7.45pm.
Pockerley Old Hall
• Be inspired by the festive feast on display, and get crafty with our willow star activity.
• Spot the Mouse Houses as you take a walk through Pockerley gardens.
• See traditional clog dancing displays.
1950s Welfare Hall
• Enjoy toe-tapping tunes all evening!
• Punch & Judy performances: Friday, 1st December: 5.30pm, 6.45pm, 7.45pm, 8.45pm. Thursday, 7th & Thursday, 14th December: 6pm, 7.30pm, 8.15pm, 8.45pm. Friday, 8th December: 6pm, 8pm, 8.45pm. Friday, 15th December: 5.45pm, 6.45pm, 7.45pm, 8.45pm.
1950s Front Street
• No. 2 – Gather around for some Christmas storytelling.
• Front Street Christmas tree – see and hear the traditional street organ.
Pit Village, Colliery Yard & Birch Wood
• Chapel – Choir performances taking place every night..
• School – Take part in a fun, festive family activity.
• Band hall – Enjoy marvellous musical performances.
• Colliery engine shed – See and hear the traditional street organ.
• Be amazed by Elf Wood at night, and treat yourself to a toasted marshmallow!
Fairground and Events Field
• Visit the Merry Marquee and meet Father Christmas’ reindeer.
Father Christmas’ Grotto
• Visit Father Christmas in his cosy Grotto at Rowley Station Goods Yard (extra charge applies, pre-booking essential, subject to availability – SOLD OUT).
Festive Food and Drink
• 1900s Pit Village: Davy’s (last serving 9pm), Sinkers’ Bait Cabin. 1900s Town: Tea Rooms, Herron’s Bakery, The Sun Inn, WH Smith kiosk, Beamish Delicious Ices, mulled wine and chestnut cart. 1950s Town: John’s Cafe, Middleton’s (last serving 9pm). Fairground: Merry Marquee.
Event Information/Terms and Conditions
- Tickets for Christmas Evening entry and Father Christmas’ Grotto must be pre-booked online (subject to availability) and will not be available to buy at the museum. Beamish Unlimited Passes and Friends of Beamish memberships are not valid for evening events. Grotto tickets must be accompanied by Christmas Evening entry tickets (n.b. if a visitor aged under 2 wishes to visit the Grotto, they don’t need a Christmas Evening entry ticket but still require a pre-booked Grotto ticket, subject to availability).
- Free parking is available in the main car park.
- No animals allowed, except for assistance dogs.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Visitors are advised to wrap up warm, bring a torch and wear sturdy footwear.
- Christmas Evening tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative date or event.
Details correct at time of publishing/printing. The museum reserves the right to alter the programme without prior notice.
Please note Beamish photographers will be taking pictures throughout the evening. Images may be used for Beamish promotions.
Beamish is a self-reliant charity and 95% of our income comes from our much-valued visitors. Every penny you spend supports the museum and our work to preserve North East heritage for future generations, while supporting today’s communities, including through our health and wellbeing and education work. Thank you!