Well-behaved dogs are welcome at the museum and entry is free for dogs!
If you’re a dog owner visiting Beamish with your four-legged friend:
- Please keep your dog on a lead and accompany them at all times.
- Dogs are welcome around our open-air museum’s large grounds. Dogs are usually allowed on transport (lower deck, not on seats, at conductor’s discretion) and in the following buildings and areas (however, there may need to be exceptions during particularly busy times): 1820s Waggonway and Great Shed, The 1900s Colliery Yard, including engine shed and lamp cabin (excluding drift mine), Rowley Station, The Sun Inn pub, Entrance building.
- Please don’t leave your dog unattended at any time. We’d also advise against leaving your dog in your car for even a short period of time.
- Water bowls for dogs are provided around the museum – please let our staff or volunteers know if a refill is needed.
- Please pick up after your dog. Dog waste bags are available from our Entrance building, if needed.
- Dogs aren’t allowed at evening events, eg. Christmas Evenings, Halloween Evenings.