Beamish Museum is looking for seasonal team members to join the Transport Team, working as a front of house engager giving visitors the best possible experience of the museum. Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent engagement skills and an understanding of the museum’s operations.
Working in the Transport Team you would be working within either the Steam Operations Team or Bus and Tramway Operations Team, engaging and transporting visitors around the museum.
Prior knowledge of the roles is not essential as successful applicants will receive full training for these specialist roles. Due to the safety critical nature of these roles, and operational requirements the minimum age for applicants is 18 years old.
Beamish, the Living Museum of the North is a world renowned open air museum, which puts people and the communities we serve at the heart of everything we do. The museum tells the story of everyday working life in the North East – bringing the rich social, agricultural and industrial heritage of our region to life.
The museum is self-sustaining with a large diverse audience. We rely upon talented people who are able to demonstrate exceptional skills and personal characteristics to deliver the outstanding and immersive experience we offer to visitors.
Some of the great benefits of working at Beamish, The Living Museum of the North:
- Join a fantastic, friendly team of 350 staff and 400 volunteers
- Museum pass, allowing free entry for yourself and three other people
- Work within a beautiful and unique location on a 350 acre site that represents the diverse histories and heritage of the North
- 20% Discount on Catering and Retail
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Members of the bike to work scheme
- Work for a charity in the heritage sector where all profits are reinvested into further developing the museum, its people and reaching our communities
Sorry, but this vacancy is no longer available