We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Administration Assistant to support our Construction Team to meet the challenges of delivering the design and build elements of the Remaking Beamish project.
Beamish Museum is part way into our exciting £20 million Remaking Beamish project. Supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, the Remaking Beamish project includes The 1950s Town, 1950s Spain’s Field Farm, transport developments and expansion of The 1820s Landscape, including examples of early industry and overnight accommodation.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and proven skills in developing and maintaining efficient and comprehensive office administration systems, and supporting the team with purchasing materials.
This contract is for 30 hours per week, ideally worked over 5 days (fixed term to August 2023). Please direct any questions regarding this role to email@example.com
Beamish, the Living Museum of the North is a world renowned open air museum, which puts people and the communities we serve at the heart of everything we do. The museum tells the story of everyday working life in the North East – bringing the rich social, agricultural and industrial heritage of our region to life.
The museum is self-sustaining with a large diverse audience. We rely upon talented people who are able to demonstrate exceptional skills and personal characteristics to deliver the outstanding and immersive experience we offer to visitors.
Some of the great benefits of working at Beamish, The Living Museum of the North:
- Join a fantastic, friendly team of 350 staff and 400 volunteers
- Museum pass, allowing free entry for yourself and three other people
- Work within a beautiful and unique location on a 350 acre site that represents the diverse histories and heritage of the North
- 20% discount on catering and retail
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Members of the bike to work scheme
- Work for a charity in the heritage sector where all profits are reinvested into further developing the museum, its people and reaching our communities.
Friday 19th August 2022
Return completed application forms to:
Application forms and job descriptions are available on the website www.beamish.org.uk/vacancies or contact the HR and People Development Team firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms should be returned by Friday 19th August 2022 by 12 noon. Those shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Wednesday, 24th August, and interviews will take place on Wednesday, 31st August 2022.