We are currently looking to recruit a Collections Assistant to assist the Head of Collections with looking after the museum’s collections, including cataloguing and documentation, conservation, object movement, and collections access, with a specific focus on facilitating the use of collections items in the Remaking Beamish project.
Beamish Museum is part way into our exciting £20 million Remaking Beamish project. Supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, the project will transform the award-winning open-air museum, with a 1950s Town, and much more.
Beamish, the Living Museum of the North is a world renowned open air museum, which puts people and the communities we serve at the heart of everything we do. The museum tells the story of everyday working life in the North East – bringing the rich social, agricultural and industrial heritage of our region to life.
The museum is self-sustaining with a large diverse audience. We rely upon talented people who are able to demonstrate exceptional skills and personal characteristics to deliver the outstanding and immersive experience we offer to visitors.
Beamish is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Some of the great benefits of working at Beamish, The Living Museum of the North:
- Join a fantastic, friendly team of 350 staff and 400 volunteers
- Museum pass, allowing free entry for yourself and three other people
- Work within a beautiful and unique location on a 350 acre site that represents the diverse histories and heritage of the North
- 20% Discount on Catering and Retail
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Members of the bike to work scheme
- Work for a charity in the heritage sector where all profits are reinvested into further developing the museum, its people and reaching our communities.
Sorry, but this vacancy is no longer available