The Museum is having a Bus Running Day, where visitors will be able to see approximately 15 pre-1965 buses. These vehicles will be a mix of the Beamish fleet and local owners bringing in their buses for a static display at the 1950s Bus Depot. Some of the visiting buses will even be joining our museum bus service on the day to carry passengers.
Buses on the day include:
The Beamish Buses
- Leyland Cub 716
- Darlington 4
- Rotherham 220
- Daimler Replica Bus
- J2007 Accessible Bus on request
- The B Bus on static display throughout the day
- Friends of Beamish SOS Bus on static display throughout the day
- Darlington 7 (sister of the museum’s Darlington 4)
- 1949 Crossley single decker bus
- An Atkinson Alpha bus
- A Leyland Panther bus
- A 1947 ex-Sunderland Corporation Crossley bus
- A Bristol L bus
- A 1963 Leyland Leopard Venture
Visitors will also have the opportunity to enjoy Circular Tours on the museum’s latest bus, the Leyland Cub 716. This bus will operate rides throughout the day, picking up and dropping off at the Bus Depot.
All visitors will need to pre-book an entry timeslot ticket to the museum online in advance of their visit, and also require a Beamish Unlimited Pass or Friends of Beamish membership. Book your timeslot tickets here.
Beamish is continuing to follow government and public health COVID-19 safety guidance and reserves the right to alter events, activities, facilities, operations and opening times without prior notice.Book