Our real ice rink is the perfect festive experience for all the family! Whether you’re a novice skater or fancy yourself as an Edwardian expert, we would love to see your skills!
The ice rink is at our Winter Fun Fair and is decorated in a traditional Edwardian style with festoon lighting!
Buy your ice skating tickets at the Winter Fun Fair. Ice rink tickets, including skate hire, cost £4 for children and £5 for adults, for at least a 20 minute session. Special offer: For every full paying adult, one child skates free of charge.
Session times include boot collection and exchange, at least 20 minutes on the ice and boot return and exchange.
- Session 1 – 10.15am
- Session 2 – 10.45am
- Session 3 – 11.15am
- Session 4 – 11.45am
- Session 5 – 12.15pm
- Session 6 – 12.45pm
- Session 7 – 1.15pm
- Session 8 – 1.45pm
- Session 9 – 2.15pm
- Session 10 – 2.45pm
- Session 11 – 3.15pm
Check out our frequently asked questions below for more information, any more queries please contact us on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Should we experience bad weather and have to change any opening times of the ice rink, we will post to the Facebook and Twitter pages as soon as possible!
When is it open?
Our real ice rink is open daily from 18th November to 7th January (closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day). Weekends only from 8th January 2018 to 9th February 2018, daily from 10th February 2018 to 25th February 2018.
How much is it?
Tickets, including skate hire, are £4 for children and £5 for adults for at least a 20 minute session. Plus we have a special offer – ‘Kids go Free’ – One child up to 16 years skates free with one full paying adult skater.
How big is your ice rink?
The rink is 20 metres by 10 metres and is made from real ice! It can accommodate approximately 70 skaters at any one time.
Do I need to pre-book?
Admission to the rink is on a first come, first served basis by purchasing tickets at the Fairground on the day of your visit. Tickets go on sale from 10am each day.
How old do you have to be?
Under 7s to be accompanied on the ice by an adult. Children aged 8 – 12 must be supervised by an adult (adults can watch rink side if they prefer!).
Is there anywhere I can leave my shoes?
Our ice hut gives a great space to change into your skates and leave your shoes at no extra cost.
Is there anywhere to watch from or enjoy a hot drink afterwards?
Definitely! Our festive stall will have an assortment of hot drinks and snacks within our spectators area.
What size skates do you have?
Skate sizes start from junior size 8 to adult size 15.
Can I bring my own skates?
Definitely! You will still need to purchase your tickets as normal at the Fairground and let them know you are using your own skates.
Do you take group bookings and private hire?
Yes whether you have a school group or corporate party, please email us for more details.
In busy times we operate skating sessions to guarantee each skater a minimum of 20 minutes on the ice, session times can be found above. Buy your ice rink tickets at the Fairground on the day of your visit. Please note tickets cannot be purchased before the day of your visit. Late arrival to your session time may result in experiencing a shorter time on the ice rink.
Ice Rink Terms and Conditions
- Tickets, including skate hire, are £4 for children and £5 for adults for at least a 20 minute session.
- ‘Kids go Free’ – One child up to 16 years skates free with one full paying adult skater.
- The museum reserves the right to decline entry to the ice rink.
- All skaters to skate in an anti-clockwise direction.
- At least one ice rink attendant will be on the ice at all times for any assistance needed.
- No food or drink to be consumed on the ice rink itself please.
- Shoes and belongings are left in the ice hut at the owner’s risk.
- In the event of an accident, first aiders are present and will deal with the accident immediately whilst ensuring the safety of all skaters. Should a serious accident occur, the ice rink will be evacuated by staff. Visitors will be kept up to date at all times.
- Ice rink tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Please note all visitors must first pay entrance to Beamish and then the admission charge for ice skating to access our ice rink.