Open 7 days a week.
10am - 5pm
(last admission 3pm)
All aboard! See this railway station as it looked in Edwardian times with its signal box, waiting rooms and goods yard and spot a variety of wagons on display.
The station was originally in Rowley, near Consett, County Durham, in 1867 and was reopened at Beamish in 1976 by poet Sir John Betjeman.
A wrought-iron footbridge from The Town crosses the railway line and leads towards the signal box, dating from 1896. Across the tracks in the Goods Yard is a Goods Shed, dating from 1850.
The coal drops from West Boldon reflect the important role of local coal merchants in towns and villages. The coal office, originally owned by James White of Hexham, is of a type which was found in almost every railway goods yard up to the late 1960s.
A variety of wagons can be seen in and around The Railway Station, on a regularly changing pattern of display.
Steam passenger rides usually run at Rowley Station during weekends in main season, depending on availability of locomotives. Click here for a timetable.