Beamish, Our Local History – ‘Reshaping Beamish’
Date – Tuesday 20th October 2015
Funding – £100 towards supply cover
Free Complimentary Lunch
Participating teachers will:
- Have a say in the development of the museum.
- Become part of a network of advisory schools working with Beamish.
- Register to participate in future pilot projects.
- Learn about opportunities for your school at Beamish.
- Experience a hands-on immersive activity .
- Discuss lots of creative ideas linked to the new curriculum, to share at school.
- Learn about potential funding opportunities within the ‘Remaking Beamish’ Project.
The day will include:
Hands on Activity
Experience an immersive hands-on workshop in the museum – Who’s Going to Mind the Bairn?
Case Studies and Discussion – Explore how Beamish Museum works for Secondary Schools
We will look at: immersive experiences, enquiry based learning, cross curricular work including SMSC.
Reshaping Beamish – Workshop
The museum is currently in the year-long development phase of a project called ‘Remaking Beamish’. We aim to build a new 1950s town and farm at the Museum, and extend the Georgian area of the site. Our application for HLF funding will be submitted at the end of 2015. As part of this, we want to discuss ideas with as many schools as possible. Learn about the plans and potential opportunities for your school.
- Share your views
- Help us explore curriculum themes and objectives
- Discuss how ‘Remaking Beamish’ can support teaching in your school
- Begin partnerships that will grow through ‘Remaking Beamish’
To book contact: Angela Bromage – Learning Coordinator, Email: email@example.com. Tel: 0191 3704055.
(Places are limited. Please book early to guarantee a place).
Complimentary Lunch – Lunch will be provided. Please mention specific dietary requirements when booking.
Beamish has received initial support for a £10.75 million Heritage Lottery Fund grant for the Remaking Beamish project. Find out more at www.beamish.org.uk