We run a number of events for teachers throughout the year. This includes networking and consultation, subject specific training and project development days.
Coronation of our Queen – Collaboration Day for Teachers – Thursday 18th May 2017
Bring the Queen’s Coronation to life at Beamish with immersive hands-on enquiry.
Beamish Museum will soon begin building a new 1950s Town (including: Cinema, housing, shops, community hall, police house, bowling pavilion and more). As part of this, we are working to develop a new KS1 activity exploring the 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II – and we are inviting schools to collaborate with us. If you would like to bring pupils to Beamish and participate in a pilot project, join us on our ‘Coronation’ Collaboration Day on Thursday 18th May 2017:
- Learn about funding available to bring pupils to the museum
- Experience hands-on immersive activity in the Pit Cottage
- Learn about collections and exhibits that can bring the ‘Coronation’ to life for kS1 pupils
- Collaborate and help guide developments at the museum
- Motivate children with an immersive enquiry-based experience
- Learn about opportunities for your school within Remaking Beamish and Festival of 50s
Explore the life of a significant individual who has contributed to British life. Investigate the impact of this key national event on local people. Use funding to support a museum visit – and participate in our ‘Festival of 50s’, Thursday 6th or Friday 7th July.
Funding to Support Attendance at Collaboration Days – £100 towards supply cover. Free complimentary lunch
To book contact:
Angela Bromage – Learning Coordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0191 3704055. (Places are limited. Please book early to guarantee a place).
Complimentary Lunch – Lunch will be provided. Please mention specific dietary requirements when booking.