This unique opportunity allows you to learn to drive a tram around the 1 1/2 mile circular track around the stunning museum site, which includes The 1900s Town.
To start the day off, an expert member of our Tramway Team will give you a behind-the-scenes look at the tram depot as they take you through the theory of driving a tram. You will then assist them with the safety checks and preparation of a tram before taking it out on the Tramway and learn how to drive the tram.
Very knowledgeable tutor, very well presented. Great experience, everyone must try.
This is a hands-on day where you take the controls of the tram, driving around site and exploring the four passing loops and token system.
We have a selection of trams for you to use on your experience, depending on availability on the day.
Cost: £225 per person (lunch included).
- Friday, 10th January 2020
- Friday, 17th January 2020
- Friday, 24th January 2020
- Friday, 31st January 2020
- Friday, 7th February 2020
- Friday, 14th February 2020
Included in your experience:
- Delicious picnic lunch and refreshments.
- Expert tuition from members of our Transport Team.
- Preparation of a tram, including safety checks.
- The chance to drive at least two of our beautifully-restored trams.
Please note: Participants must be aged 21 years or over, require safety boots or shoes and hold a full UK driving licence to take part in our Full Day Tram Traditional Experience at Beamish.
Thank you for making my tram driving experience at Beamish such as special day.
An amazing, wonderful and memorable day for which I thank you all, for your patience, tolerance, good humour and expertise!
Please click here to view Booking Terms and Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.Book