This unique opportunity allows you to drive one of Beamish’s fleet of beautifully restored trams, travelling around the 1 1/2 mile circular track through the stunning Museum site which includes The 1900s Town.
The day starts off with a member of our expert Tramway team giving you a behind the scenes look at the tram depot as they take you through the theory of driving a tram. You will then assist them with the safety checks and preparation of a tram before taking it out on the Tramway.
Very knowledgeable tutor, very well presented. Great experience, everyone must try.
This is a hands-on day where you take the controls of the tram, driving on the Tramway and exploring the 4 passing loops and token system.
We have a selection of trams for you to use on your experience, depending on availability on the day.
- Friday, 12th January 2018 (10.00am – 4.00pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 19th January 2018 (10.00am – 4.00pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 26th January 2018 (10.00am – 4.00pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 2nd February 2018 (10.00am – 4.00pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 11th January 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 18th January 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 25th January 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 1st February 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 8th February 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 15th February 2019 (10.00am – 4.00pm)
Cost: £225 per person (lunch included).
Included in your experience:
- Delicious picnic lunch and refreshments
- Expert tuition from members of our Transport Department
- Preparation of a tram including safety checks
- Drive at least 2 of our beautifully restored trams
Please note: Participants must be aged 21 years and over, require safety shoes or boots and hold a full UK driving licence to take part in our Full Day Tram Experience at Beamish.
Thank you for making my tram driving experience at Beamish such as special day.
An amazing, wonderful and memorable day for which I thank you all, for your patience, tolerance, good humour and expertise!
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.