Indulge your sweet tooth and have a go at making your own traditional confectionery in the perfect period setting of The 1900s Town.
Our experienced Period Food team will teach you everything you need to know to make a selection of delicious ‘Sweets and Treats’ examples include cinder toffee, coconut delights, Scottish tablet, rum truffles or sweetmeats. If you can resist eating them as soon as they are made, you can take them all home to impress friends and family!
A thoroughly enjoyable experience, educational and fascinating with lovely, knowledgeable staff. Excellent!
- Monday, 28th January 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm) – SOLD OUT!
- Monday, 11th February 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 10th May 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 7th June 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 21st June 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm)
- Friday, 20th September 2019 (12.30pm – 4.00pm)
Cost: £65 per person.
Included in your experience:
- All equipment and ingredients to make a selection of sweets.
- Tea/coffee and a slice of cake.
- Tuition from our Period Food Team.
- Option to wear costume.
- Copy of recipes used on the day.
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.