Join a member of our costumed team in this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of an early 1900s Pit Wife.
Don period costume and join us for the day as we go about our daily work and discover what life was like as an Edwardian Pit Wife. Keep the home fires burning while you partake in the seasonal activities that a Pit Village woman would be daily involved in – activities such as creating delicious home baked goodies for your family coming home from work, needlework and mat work and cleaning the home to name just a few. Bring along your camera as this is a photo opportunity not to be missed!
Myself and my sister have just returned from a Pit Wife Experience day and what a day it was! This was one of the best days out we have had in a long time and the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable they really helped to make the day. We will definitely be back to try out a few more of the different days they offer. Thank you so much Beamish! Amanda
- Sunday, 20th January 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Sunday, 3rd February 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Saturday, 23rd March 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Saturday, 15th June 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Sunday, 15th September 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- Saturday, 12th October 2019 (10.00am – 3.30pm)
- £65 per person (lunch included)
Included in your Traditional Experience:
- A dedicated member of our costumed team with you throughout your experience
- Picnic Lunch Bag and refreshments
- Costume provided
The whole experience was excellent – a good mix of practical hands on activities and informative instruction from the staff team. Brilliant, thank you.
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.