This unique opportunity gives participants the chance to drive one of Beamish’s fleet of beautifully restored trams. Spend the evening travelling around the 1 1/2 mile circular track through the stunning Museum site, which includes The 1900s Town.
Your experience starts with a member of our expert Tramway team giving you a behind the scenes look at the tram depot as they take you through the theory of driving a tram before taking it out on the Tramway.
The whole experience was made more enjoyable with the excellent tutoring from Beamish staff.
This is a hands-on experience where you take the controls of the tram, driving on the Tramway and exploring the 4 passing loops and token system.
Please bear in mind that you may be open to the elements so weather appropriate clothing is essential. Sturdy footwear is also necessary. Participants must be reasonably fit and have a reasonable level of upper body strength.
- Wednesday, 3rd July 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Tuesday, 16th July 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm)
- Wednesday, 17th July 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Saturday, 20th July 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm)
- Wednesday, 4th September 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Saturday, 21st September 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm)
- Saturday, 28th September 2019 (5.30pm-7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
Cost: £100 per person.
Included in your experience:
- Expert tuition from members of our Transport Department.
- Tour of the Tram Sheds.
- Preparation of a tram including safety checks.
- Drive a tram along with a maximum of 1 other participant under guidance of a Tramway Engager.
Please note: Participants must be aged 21 years and over, hold a full UK driving licence and wear steel toe cap boots to take part in our Have a Go at Driving a Tram Traditional Experience.