Experience the earliest steam railways first hand and have a go at driving one of our early 1800s replica steam engines, Puffing Billy or the Steam Elephant.
Our knowledgeable demonstrators will take you through the history and operation of the engine, after which you will be have a unique chance to drive the engine.
- Thursday, 9th May 2019 (5.30pm -7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Thursday, 6th June 2019 (5.30pm -7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Thursday, 4th July 2019 (5.30pm -7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Thursday, 5th September 2019 (5.30pm -7.30pm)
- Thursday, 19th September 2019 (5.30pm -7.30pm) – SOLD OUT
Cost: £100 per person.
Please note: All participants must be aged 21 years and over, hold a full UK driving licence and wear steel toe cap boots to take part in our Have a Go at Driving a Steam Engine Traditional Experience.
I just have to say that the three men who did the driving experience were so helpful and went the extra mile to make sure my day went well! It was better than I could have ever wished for and I will definitely be coming back next year to do it again and another experience.
Mr Green from Gloucester
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.