Enjoy the ultimate hands on experience as you take a stroll with a Georgian Falconer and her hawk through the stunning 1800s landscape, giving you the chance to fly and handle the bird as you learn about the life of a falconer in the 1800s.
Each session has a maximum of 6 participants and will last approximately 1 to 1½ hours.
Before and after your Georgian Hawk Walk you are welcome to explore the rest of the museum with day entry included within the experience.
I had a wonderful time with the hawks, and our guide Becca was marvellous. It was a very rewarding experience, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Beamish for making these events possible.
- Saturday, 23rd March 2019 (10.30am – 12.00pm)
- Saturday, 22nd June 2019 (10.30am -12.00pm)
Cost: £35 per person.
Included in your experience:
- Learn about falconry and birds of prey while out for a leisurely stroll through our 1800s landscape with our knowledgeable Falconer, including the opportunity to handle and fly a hawk.
- After your walk you have the opportunity to meet an owl, as well as other birds of prey, and there will be plenty of photo opportunities during your experience.
- Explore Beamish Museum – day admission to the Museum included (open 10am – 5pm).
We recommend that visitors wear sturdy footwear and are able to walk for up to one hour including some hills and rough terrain. Please note we are not able to accommodate spectators on the Georgian Hawk Walk. Georgian Hawk Walks are available for those aged 13 and over, under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.