Christmas customs have changed over time but many are still popular today – during this Traditional Christmas Cookery Experience you will make customary Christmas dishes that you will be proud to add to any festive get together!
The perfect start to your Christmas season, spend an early evening experience making a range of delicious seasonal dishes inspired by the time periods presented around Beamish – all in the festive surroundings of our Home Farm kitchen. From hand-raised festive pork pies to warming twelfth night plum pudding, the goods you make are sure to delight! Participants will receive guidance from our knowledgeable Food Team who will lead you through all the recipes, explain the history behind them, give hints and tips and most of all make sure you have a relaxing and enjoyable festive experience. You will take all food you have made home to impress your friends and family. Included in your experience is your very own Beamish Apron, which you can take home as a memento.
- Friday 11th November 2016 (4.00pm – 8.30pm)
- Monday 5th December 2016 (4.00pm – 8.30pm)
- Monday 12th December 2016 (4.00pm – 8.30pm)
Cost: £100 per person (light supper included)
Included in your Traditional Experience:
- All equipment and ingredients needed to make a selection of seasonal recipes
- Light supper
- Expert tuition from our Food Team
- The opportunity to wear period costume
- A copy of the recipes used on your experience
- Your very own Beamish Apron
- Participants take home all the items they have made
A wonderful experience with friendly staff. I enjoyed everything because it was ‘me’ time
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.