Freshly baked bread straight out of the oven is a now considered a treat. After attending the Traditional Bread Making Experience you will have the skills and confidence to be able to produce delicious bread at home whenever you fancy.
This relaxing and enjoyable Experience is suitable for beginners who want a gentle introduction; it is the perfect opportunity to discover more about the history of bread making while you create a wonderful variety of breads, all in the beautiful period setting of Herron’s Bakery in the 1900’s town.
You will learn how to prepare various breads in the traditional manner using different types of flours and techniques, all under the guidance of our Period Catering team who will share their knowledge and best tips. Learn the five stages of bread making – mixing, fermenting, shaping, proving and baking. When you have finished you then take home what you have baked to impress your friends and family.
I had a great experience. The team was excellent, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable – A thoroughly enjoyable day! Thank you. Maurice
- Friday, 11th January 2019 (10am – 2.30pm)
- Friday, 18th January 2019 (10am – 2.30pm)
- Friday, 25th January 2019 (10am – 2.30pm)
- Friday, 1st February 2019 (10am – 2.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 8th February 2019 (10am – 2.30pm)
Cost: £85 per person (lunch included).
Included in your experience:
- All equipment and ingredients to make a selection of breads
- Refreshments and a delicious lunch will be provided
- Tuition from our Period Catering Team
- Option to wear costume
- Copy of recipes used on the day
- Participants take home all the items they have made
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.