Nothing beats the mouthwatering smell and taste of freshly baked goods from a coal-fired range! Come and experience the delights of making your own delicious traditional home baking in the period setting of our Home Farm kitchen.
Join members of our knowledgeable Food Team for this evening of enjoyable baking where you will be guided through the recipes and given hints and tips, all in a relaxing period setting. Included in your experience is a Beamish Bag, to help you carry all your delicious goods home.
I couldn’t be more thrilled with the experience! It was a lovely relaxed and cosy atmosphere, the teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and friendly and I couldn’t believe how many lovely things we made. Thank you for a wonderful evening! This will be a special memory and I can’t wait to try other experiences. Jessica
- Friday, 8th March 2019 (4.30pm – 8.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 29th March 2019 (4.30pm – 8.30pm) – SOLD OUT
- Monday, 9th September 2019 (5.30pm – 9.30pm)
- Friday, 4th October 2019 (5.30pm – 9.30pm)
Cost: £85 per person (light supper included).
Included in your experience:
- Refreshments and a delicious supper
- All equipment and ingredients needed to make a selection of baked goods
- Expert tuition from our Food Team
- The opportunity to wear period costume
- A copy of the recipes used on your experience
- Your very own Beamish Bag
- Participants take home all the baked goods they have made
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
I had a really fun time! The day was relaxed and the tutors friendly and knowledgeable. We made so many things and still had time for a chat and a cuppa!
Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Best Christmas gift ever! We be coming back to do more courses.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.