Spend the evening in The 1940s Farm kitchen cooking for the war effort on our coal fired range!
Join members of our knowledgeable Food Team for an evening of cooking where you will learn all about rationing and how important the kitchen was to the war effort. You will bake a variety of classic wartime recipes from our 1940s ration book, including Mock Apricot Tart and Mock Goose. Our Food Team will guide you through the recipes, giving you an explanation of the history behind them and sharing hints and tips. For supper, you will enjoy a spam sandwich and a cup of tea in front of our coal fired range. Afterwards you can take all the food you have made home to impress your friends and family.
- Monday, 12th March 2018 (5.15pm – 8.00pm)
- Friday, 11th May 2018 (5.15pm – 8.00pm) – SOLD OUT
- Friday, 22nd June 2018 (5.15pm – 8.00pm)
- Friday, 7th September 2018 (5.15pm – 8.00pm)
- Friday, 9th November 2018 (5.15pm – 8.00pm)
Cost: £65 per person (light supper included)
Included in your Traditional Experience:
- All equipment and ingredients needed to make a selection of wartime recipes
- A supper of spam sandwiches and a cup of tea in front of our coal fired range
- Expert tuition from our Food Team
- The opportunity to wear period costume
- A copy of Beamish’s 1940s ration book to take home with you
- Participants can take home all the delicious goods they have baked
Please note: Courses are only available for those aged 18 and over unless otherwise stated. Tram and steam engine driver experiences are limited to those aged 21 and over, who hold full UK driving licence.
Please click here to view Booking Terms & Conditions for Traditional Experiences at Beamish Museum.