Enjoy a Summer of Fun every day during the school holidays, from Saturday, 20th July to Wednesday, 28th August, there’ll be amazing activities taking place across the museum for all the family to enjoy.
- Mystery Mondays: A shocking crime wave has hit the museum – can you help to solve these age-old mysteries?
- Tinkering Tuesdays: Put on your thinking cap and get inventing during Tinkering Tuesdays.
- Women’s Wednesdays: Grab your placard and sash and march for women’s right to vote!
- Try it Thursdays: Try your hand at a range of traditional skills on Try it Thursdays.
- 50s Fridays: Find out what life what like in the 1950s.
- Soldiering Saturdays: Attention! Head to our 1940s Farm to be trained as a member of the Home Guard.
- Celebration Sundays: Peace at last! Join us for a celebration of homecoming as we step back in time 100 years. There’ll be a peace party on Sunday, 11th August in The 1900s Pit Village band hall.
You can also grab a free Beamish Bingo activity sheet as you enter the museum – spot objects around the museum and see if you can answer the questions!
Every day, from Saturday, 3rd August, head down to the Fairground where you can learn a range of exciting circus skills. Learn some simple throwing and catching skills, have a go at using a diablo and try your hand at plate spinning!
You’ll also be able to enjoy donkey rides from 12pm-4pm on the following dates (small extra charge applies):
- Saturday 3rd August
- Sunday 4th August
- Wednesday 7th August
- Thursday 8th August
- Wednesday 14th August
- Thursday 15th August
- Friday 16th August
- Tuesday 20th August
- Thursday 22nd August
- Saturday 24th August
- Wednesday 28th August
Why not enter our summer competition? To be in with the chance of winning a fantastic Beamish gift basket, just snap a photo of yourself during your visit and post it to our Facebook page and/or Instagram page using #BeamishMuseumSOF19. The winner will be announced on Monday, 2nd September 2019. Ts&Cs at http://www.beamish.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/.
Beamish reserves the right to alter or change this programme at any point.
Thu 29th Aug - Sun 1st Sep
Dig for Victory is the first event in our Great North Festival of Agriculture. The event is focused in and around our 1940s Farm and tells the story of life on the Home Front and the vital support role the British countryside played during the Second World War.Read more