Every day during the school holidays, from Saturday, 20th July to Wednesday, 28th August, there’ll be amazing activities taking place across the museum for all the family to enjoy.
- Mystery Mondays: A shocking crime wave has hit the museum – can you help to solve these age-old mysteries?
- Tinkering Tuesdays: Put on your thinking cap and get inventing during Tinkering Tuesdays.
- Women’s Wednesdays: Grab your placard and sash and march for women’s right to vote!
- Try it Thursdays: Try your hand at a range of traditional skills on Try it Thursdays.
- 50s Fridays: Find out what life what like in the 1950s.
- Soldiering Saturdays: Attention! Head to our 1940s Farm to be trained as a member of the Home Guard.
- Celebration Sundays: Peace at last! Join us for a celebration of homecoming as we step back in time 100 years.
You can also grab a free Beamish Bingo activity sheet as you enter the museum – spot objects around the museum and see if you can answer the questions!
Why not enter our summer competition? To be in with the chance of winning a fantastic Beamish gift basket, just snap a photo of yourself during your visit and post it to our Facebook page and/or Instagram page using #BeamishMuseumSOF19. The winner will be announced on Monday, 2nd September 2019. Ts&Cs at http://www.beamish.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/.
Beamish reserves the right to alter or change this programme at any point.
Thu 29th Aug - Sun 1st Sep
Dig for Victory is the first event in our Great North Festival of Agriculture. The event is focused in and around our 1940s Farm and tells the story of life on the Home Front and the vital support role the British countryside played during the Second World War.Read more