Join us for Museums at Night – A Grand Georgian Gathering as Pockerley Old Hall, the Waggonway and Eston Church will come alive after hours with a whole host of entertainment to enjoy from 6pm on Saturday, 20th May.
- Watch the Squire begin the evening’s festivities by lighting a traditional ‘baal’ fire down at the Waggonway. Then search for logs to help keep the fire burning throughout the night
- Try your hand at driving a steam engine*!
- Enjoy traditional music, dancing and folk tales
- Learn about the life of a Napoleonic soldier and watch the 68th Durham Light Infantry Society’s musket firing demonstrations
- Visit our Georgian gin bar or pop across to the hot food stall for some tasty treats!
- Find out about the amazing plants of the 1800s landscape and pick up some handy gardening tips!
- Take part in traditional craft activities at Pockerley Old Hall including the chance to make either a magical willow wand or masquerade mask
- If you’d like to look the part, there’ll be traditional Georgian costumes to try on
- Create a hag stone out of clay to keep witches away
- Be amazed by the fire-eater’s talents!
Tickets cost £5 per person. Under 5s free.
* Small additional charge and age restriction applies.
To purchase tickets, click here.
Please note, Unlimited Passes are not valid for evening events.
For more information about the nationwide Museums at Night scheme, click here.