Pack up your potatoes and bring your beetroot to the Beamish Leek Show in the Pit Village. On the 9th and 10th of September 2017, the annual contest will see home-grown vegetables and flowers battle it out in an attempt to take first prize.
The contest is part of The Great North Festival of Agriculture held at Beamish.
Across the weekend we’ll have flower arranging, family activities, brass band performances, refreshments and much more!
Local experts will judge all the classes and prize-winning entries which will be displayed throughout the event for you to admire. With the owners’ permission, exhibits will be auctioned in aid of charity at the end of the show.
Why not compete in the 2017 Beamish Leek Show, taking place in The Pit Village? Entry is free of charge with certificates and rosettes up for grabs!
Highlights during the event include:
- Darlington Community Wind Band – performing in the Pit Village from 12pm-2pm
- Hexham Brass Band – performing in the Pit Village from 2pm-4pm
- Durham Miners Association Brass Band – performing in the Pit Village from 1pm – 3pm.
- Off Key Music – performing in the Town Bandstand from 12.30pm – 1.30pm.
- Pittington Brass Band – playing in the Town Bandstand from 2pm – 3pm.
- The Grand Auction Parade will begin from the Town at 2.30pm, calling at the Entrance and finishing in the Pit Village at 3.20pm – led by Off Key Music and accompanied by the Beamish Banner. Pittington Brass Band will also lead a Parade from the Town to the Pit Village at 3.10pm, accompanied by the Tanfield Banner.
- The Grand Auction takes place in the Pit Village at 3.30pm.
To download an entry form click here: Leek Show Entry Form
We would love for you to enter your produce, make sure you keep an eye out for our entry forms coming soon!
Gemma Stevenson – Community Events Officer
As with all daytime events, you can use your Unlimited Pass!