Join us for some Easter fun this Spring, we’ll have loads of egg-citing activities across the museum including baking, crafts and games.
Explore the museum to find out how Easter was celebrated in the 1800s, 1900s and 1940s and sample some amazing baking along the way!
Here’s just some of the fun we’ve got planned;
- Take part in our Easter egg trail – can you find all the eggs the Easter bunny has left around the museum?
- See (and taste!) traditional Easter baking across the museum.
- Make an Easter bonnet or crown in The Pit Village school.
- Learn about egg dyeing at Pockerley Old Hall on Easter Sunday and Monday.
- Make a paper flower to take home at Pockerley Old Hall.
- Decorate an egg in the Dentist’s waiting room in The Town before rolling it in The Town park!
- Call in at Herron’s Bakery to purchase a delicious hot cross bun or a piece of simnel cake.
- Head up to The 1940s Farm to make an Easter card or rabbit finger puppet.
- Try your hand at egg jarping at 11.00am and 3.00pm at Pockerley Old Hall on Easter Monday.
As with all daytime events, your Unlimited Pass is valid.