You are part of an amazing universe! Want to know more? Join us on Friday, 26th January, 6.30pm – 9.30pm for a unique stargazing and astronomy event at Beamish in partnership with Sunderland Astronomical Society.
- Receive a free stargazing-friendly torch on entry to the museum.
- Take a look through telescopes of all shapes and sizes at Pockerley Waggonway and in The Colliery Yard and Pit Village – see the Moon, the planet Uranus and many other astronomical wonders of the night sky!
- Enjoy astronomy related talks in The Pit Village band hall and chapel and The Waggonway engine shed.
- Local amateur astronomer expertise on hand to answer questions and share their knowledge of the night sky.
- Have a go at making Planispheres and glow-in-the-dark constellations, as well as making your own planet courtesy of the Institute of Physics in The Pit Village school.
- Visit the mobile planetarium in The 1900s Town Masonic Hall at 7pm, 7.30pm, 8pm, 8.30pm and 9pm.
- Refreshments available from the Sinkers’ Bait Cabin in The Pit Village.
- Free parking is available in the main car park.
- Beamish Wheelchair Accessible Bus in service during the evening.
Tickets cost £5 per person. Under 2s admitted free of charge. Limited tickets available.
Beamish Unlimited Passes are not valid for this evening event.
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT.
Please note, Beamish Stargazing is an outdoor event, please wear suitable footwear and clothing. All evening event tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Beamish Stargazing event will go ahead even if it’s cloudy and/or raining, with reduced outdoor activities. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. No dogs are allowed, except for assistance dogs. Only certain areas of the museum will be open to visitors during Beamish Stargazing.
Sat 10th - Sun 18th Feb
Across the nine days of February half term, we will be commemorating the contributions women made to the war effort during the First World War.Read more
Sat 18th Nov 2017 - Sun 25th Feb 2018
Our real ice rink is the perfect festive experience for all the family! Whether you’re a novice skater or fancy yourself as an Edwardian expert, we would love to see your skills!Read more