From Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th September 2017, we are hosting the annual Agricultural Show, recreating a typical country show from the early 1900s.
This event forms part of the month-long Festival of Agriculture, which celebrates the agricultural and rural heritage of the North East of England.
Join us in 2017 for a whole host of fun, here’s a taster of what we’ve got planned for you to enjoy:
- We’ll have incredible eagle and vulture flying demonstrations.
- Witness the amazing cavalry displays with stunning horses and talented riders (Saturday and Sunday)
- Be amazed by the strong man demonstrations.
- Tap your foot along to the brass band performances.
- Learn more about horse logging.
- Be amazed by the sheep dog displays and traditional sheep shearing.
- Enjoy Punch and Judy Shows.
- Have a go at archery.
- Learn about beekeeping.
- Admire the local schools’ artwork, crafts and gardening competition entries.
- Why not visit our beer tent to sample a real ale…or two?
- We’ll have a temperance tea tent for those scared of the demon drink!
- Pay a visit to the Ferguson Tractor Trade Stand.
- Browse the stalls for a tasty treat or the perfect gift.
- Meet the animals around the show including pit ponies, alpacas, ferrets, horses and guinea pigs.
Why not join in with our annual Agricultural Show Industry Classes? Entry is free and there are certificates and rosettes up for grabs!
To download an entry form click here: Agricultural Show Entry Form
Our Agricultural Show continues to grow each year, there’s some amazing demonstrations and activities to enjoy. Keep an eye out for the entry forms for our classes, will you take first prize in a category?
Paul Foster – Events Officer
As with all daytime events, you can use your Unlimited Pass!