Discover Beamish Museum from home – as we’re temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, we’re sharing ways to experience the museum from home.
We’re continuing to follow Government instructions and guidance around coronavirus, with the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers our top priority as always. We’ll keep you all updated on our website and social media.
In the meantime, here are some ways you can enjoy a bit of Beamish at home. We’ll continue adding new activities, so keep visiting us online!
- Have a Beamish Singalong with Bill from our Learning team!
- Fancy trying a Beamish hairstyle at home? Kirsty from our Costume Team takes us through how to do a 1950s chignon hairstyle.
- Take a ride through the Georgian Landscape on the 1820s Pockerley Waggonway.
- Enjoy a horse and carriage ride around the museum with Neils and Pico.
- To your seats boys and girls! Do you know your three ‘R’s and your 9 times table? The Beamish School headteacher will be taking your lesson!
- Discover more about the museum:
- Find out more about our transport collections, including trams, buses, steam engines and restoration work, on our blog Beamish Transport Online.
We’ll continue to add more ways to discover Beamish Museum from Home so keep visiting our website!